Thursday, July 17, 2014

AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT

Rebbekah Ford



I’d like to thank for stopping by and sitting down with us for a few minutes on my virtual couch to answer a few  questions.. 
.
Thank you for having me on your wonderful blog. I appreciate it. J

Can you tell us a little about yourself? I grew up in a family that dealt with the paranormal. When my parents were married, they were the directors of the UFO Investigator’s League in Fairfield, Ohio. They also investigated ghost hauntings and Bigfoot sightings in addition to UFO’s. I think that’s why I have a fascination with the paranormal world and love to write about it. Creating and writing stories is my passion. I also love to read.

Who’s you favorite author? I have more than one, but Anne Rice was my first favorite author. I grew up reading her books.

Do you have a favorite time or place to write? The best time to write is when it’s cool, cloudy, and rainy outside. My favorite place to write is at my desk.

 Do you have a favorite food or drink while you write? Coffee! I love, love, coffee.

What do you do to relax? Read or watch my favorite TV show, or watch a movie. Oh! And going out to eat and having a couple drinks with my husband and friends.

 As writers, we all have to deal with writer’s block, what do you do when that happens? I read a book.

If you could ask one question of any writer, who would it be and what would you ask? George Orwell who wrote 1984. I’d love to talk to him about life and writing. I’d ask him how he came up with 1984 and Animal Farm.

 Now that we’ve got the easy stuff out of the way, let’s talk about your book. Ok. J

Would you like to share something from you latest project with us? Sure. I have a book coming out soon called, Tangled Roots. It’s a companion book to my Beyond the Eyes trilogy. The main character (Paige) in my trilogy is not in this book—her two best friends, Carrie and Tree, are the stars in Tangled Roots. It has witches, magic, curses, betrayal, love, and friendship in it, among other things.

What genre is it? New Adult Urban Fantasy

Where do you draw your artistic inspiration from? From the universe, I suppose. I don’t know. LOL. 

 Of all your characters, who is your favorite? Ameerah. She’s in my second (Dark Spirits) and third book (The Devil’s Third). In fact, after Tangled Roots is published, I’ll be plunging into writing Ameerah’s story.

 What authors have had the strongest influence on you as a writer. Anne Rice, Stephen King, and JK Rowlings.

 Do you use an outline or do you let the story emerge as it goes along. I do both. 

Are you traditionally or self-published? Self-published. I could have been traditionally published, but I chose to do it on my own for many reasons. One of the main reasons was to see if I can do it. I was lacking self-confidence and was hoping to gain some by taking on this huge, scary task, which was totally out of my comfort zone.

What has been your biggest challenge? Marketing. I suck at technology. Hell, I don’t even own a cell phone. I don’t even know how to use one. LOL. So yeah, trying to get my name and books out there, in the virtual world is a huge challenge for me.

What has been your greatest reward? Hearing from people who  love my books. I love my fans. They’re awesome!

If you had one professional wish, what would it be? To make an excellent living writing books.

That wasn’t so bad was it? Nope. Not at all. I enjoyed it. Thank you. J


Rebekkah’s Bio:


Rebekkah Ford grew up in a family that dealt with the paranormal. Her parents’ Charles and Geri Wilhelm were the directors of the UFO Investigator’s League in Fairfield, Ohio, back in the 1970s. They also investigated ghost hauntings and Bigfoot sightings in addition to UFO’s. Growing up in this type of environment and having the passion for writing is what drove Rebekkah at an early age to write stories dealing with the paranormal. Her fascination with the unknown is what led her to write the Beyond the Eyes trilogy and her soon to be released new adult urban fantasy, Tangled Roots.


Beyond the Eyes: FREE on the following sites!     


Dark Spirits:

The Devil’s Third:

Where to connect with Rebekkah:




1 comment:

Artistic Reflections